Ten Reasons to Take Breakfast
- Replenish blood glucose levels after a break of 8 or more hours of sleep.
- Replenish energy levels in the form of glucose in the brain.
- Replenish energy levels in muscles and muscle wasting.
- It benefits the intellectual and physiological development of children and adolescents for its continual process of learning and growth.
- Satisfy the increase in energy needs and other nutrients of pregnant or lactating mothers due to physiological changes in the body during this stage.
- Delay hunger symptoms such as lack of attention and poor concentration; increase satiety.
- Maintain an adequate balance of calories and nutrients during the day. Breakfast provides between 20% to 25% of the energy and nutrients that are difficult to recover without the morning meal.
- You compromise your metabolism when you have a prolonged fast of more than 14 hours, and your blood sugar levels will remain low, causing side effects and physiological changes in the body.
- Weight control and glucose level optimal
- Reduction of risk of heart disease.
How To Overcome The Fast
Despite its benefits, breakfast is the food that many neglects or omit. Many are the excuses for not having breakfast, among which we find: “It’s my biological clock”, “I can not eat so early”, “I do not have the energy to start cooking”, “With a coffee I’m more than fine”, “Yes breakfast I gain weight “or” Fasting makes me work better my workouts “.
Are not you hungry after getting up?
Start with a light breakfast, maybe fruit juice or fruits, and coffee in milk. Later, you should consume a nutritious, fortified snack in the middle of the morning to balance your diet.
Buy or prepare quick meals to cook or heat. Prepare the breakfast foods the night before; Schedule your alarm a few minutes before the usual.
- Ready-to-eat cereal with sliced fruits and half a cup of low-fat yogurt.
- Whole-grain toast with peanut butter and 1 cup of skim milk
- Instant oatmeal topped with raisins and a boiled egg
- Waffles or pancakes topped with fruit and low-fat yogurt and black coffee or tea.
- Or coffee with low-fat milk, toast, and 100% fruit juice.
Do you think you will gain weight?
There is no scientific evidence to support this belief. Choose a cereal, a protein, and fruit or vegetables for breakfast. Avoid bacon, sausage, potato chips, muffin, biscuits, and sauces.
Do not like non-traditional foods for breakfast?
Breakfast can include any food you want, select the right combination of foods to balance your meals.
- Spanish omelet and fruit juice
- Burritos with beans and vegetables
- Arepa or pupusas with cheese and fruit juice
- Leftovers from the previous day that include cereal, meat, vegetables or fruit
- Scrambled eggs with pepper, onion, and spinach and toast with black coffee or tea.
Does it not fit your travel schedule?
Use the service at home, order your breakfast to pick it up on the way to work, or use fast-food restaurants, including fruit, a carbohydrate, and a protein, but keep in mind the amount of fat and calories.
- ½ Ham, egg, and cheese sandwich, a cup of Panera fruit, and seasonal coffee.
- A Ham and Egg McMuffin, 1/2 McCafé Coffee with Splenda and 4 ounces of McDonald’s fat-free milk
- Ask for the nutritional value of the menu, select your best option, and enjoy it.
“You like this topic, subscribe to my blog, and select the topics of your preference.”